With wedding season right around the corner, bakers everywhere are gearing up for the onslaught of orders for custom cake creations. And just like the weddings themselves, the trends in cakes are ever changing. So what should you be ready for in the upcoming season? Here, Savage Bros, the premier manufacturer of baking and confectionary equipment for 150 years, makes a list of what’s trending now.
- “Naked” Cakes
- Don’t be surprised to see many cakes without frosting or fondant. Brides looking for a more low-key look for their cake are keeping it simple. Layers of cake are connected by thin buttercream and topped with flowers or fruit.
- Perfectly cut pieces of fondant and precise decorating are key elements for geometric cakes. Mix up colors, shapes and sizes for to a truly jaw-dropping creation.
- Don’t be afraid to get creative and break out the brushes! Many brides are looking for the beauty and unique color that hand-painted floral designs can deliver.
- Monograms & Type
- Make it personal by adding monogrammed letters or poems, verses or other type to a cake in different styles and colors.
- Metallic Accents
- The metallic colored tend has taken a new, more demure turn. Pare down the drama by limiting metallic to accents and brushed-on details for a more sophisticated look.
Do you have the equipment to keep up with these ever-evolving trends? Make sure you have the latest in bakery icing and fondant processing, lifting and pouring bowls, and everything else you need to make sure your wedding cakes are ready for their ‘big days’! Call Savage Bros today and we’d be happy to answer any questions you might have or to help you select the perfect equipment to meet your unique needs.