Phillip Savage immigrated to the United States in 1833. He and his wife had two sons, Richard and Edward. In 1855, the young men founded the Savage Brothers Company. They committed themselves and succeeding generations to design and manufacture the finest machinery for the candy-maker.
Beginning with wood burning and coal fired candy stoves to today’s efficient gas and electric models, the Savage family owned and operated the company until 1976, when its last generation did not produce any children to carry on. When the final Savage was well into her seventies, she passed the company to the present ownership group.
In 2005 we proudly celebrated the 150th anniversary of continuous service! Today’s Savage Bros. Co. remains true to the commitment made by the brothers over 150 years ago. We listen to and work with our customers to build equipment that will help them improve productivity and make better confections.
The image shown above is from a Savage machinery catalog published shortly after the start of the 20th century, depicting the Chicago factory used for nearly 100 years.