Everything in moderation, right? While many people jump to the conclusion that chocolate is bad for you, it’s time to take a closer look. In honor of International Chocolate Day (Sept. 13th) fast approaching, here are 8 actual uses for chocolate that are going to make your life a whole lot better…
- Currency: All right, this one might be a little outdated. But before cold, hard cash hopefully flooded your pockets, cocoa beans were actually used as a form of currency by the Mayans and Aztecs long ago!
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind: The polyphenol in dark chocolate has been known to be a great dietary supplement that improves coronary circulation and even lowers blood pressure. That increased circulation also goes to your brain, which makes you more alert and a more effective thinker.
- Coating—wait for it—Bacon! We’re actually not sure how good this tastes, but it has been done before. Also, it’s bacon, so you can’t complain.
- Fighting Tooth Decay: What? This might sound crazy, but an extract of cocoa has actually been found to be more effective than fluoride in teeth health. Plus, it tastes good!
- Fuel? Luckily, E. coli’s sweet tooth might make these bacteria useful. When the bacterium ingests chocolate, they produce hydrogen that can be used as a clean source of power.
- Perfume: Before you pass up that eau de chocolat, just remember that hardly anything smells sweeter than chocolate!
- Clothing: So chic…or choc? Le Salon du Chocolat hosts worldwide fashion shows that feature exceptionally sweet chocolate dresses from the finest chocolatiers all around the world.
- A Giant Chocolate Slip-N-Slide: Yes, you read that correctly. You’ll need about 50 gallons of chocolate syrup, 200 yards of plastic sheeting, and an old bathing suit to pull this off. Grab a group of friends and dive in for some slippery, sweet fun!
Whether you thought that was educational or ridiculous, chocolate is definitely more multifunctional than we thought. For confectionary equipment or other baking equipment, contact our professionals at Savage Bros. Let our chocolate and candy making equipment satisfy your sweet tooth today!